Fane Colossus 18SB - 18" 1000W 8 Ohm
The Colossus 18SB is intended for use as a high-output bass driver in multi way systems. It features a 4 inch `sandwich' inside and outside windings voice coil, immersed in a symmetric magnetic field yielding increased linearity and lower distortion. This, coupled with a large Xmax of 8.25 mm and laminated silicone suspension, ensures tight, punchy bass at high levels of excursion. The cone membrane, manufactured from polycellulose, is much stronger and more durable than conventional paper pulp alternatives. This allows the driver to combine high-sensitivity with the structural integrity required to produce undistorted low frequencies at extreme sound pressure levels. The driver handles 1000 Watts (A.E.S.) continuous and can cope with peaks in excess of 4000 Watts. This is due to advanced thermal management in the form of vented die-cast chassis and increased motor system venting. These measures effectively remove heat from the voice coil, resulting in extremely low-power compression. The Colossus 18SB exhibits 100 dB sensitivity and can deliver bass down to 35 Hz (-6 dB) in a 200 litre ported enclosure.
- 2000 W Program Power.
- 100 dB Sensitivity (1W/1m).
- Chassis and motor system venting provides efficient thermal management and extremely low power compression.
- Dual silicone laminated suspension system combined with optimised software materials offers increased linearity
- Tight, punchy bass reproduction at extreme SPL.
- Fibre loaded, UK manufactured cone offering increased strength, durability and performance.
- Optimised for ported enclosures, delivering bass down to 35 Hz in a 200 Litre enclosure.
- 4-inch Inside/ outside windings copper voice coil.
Electro Acoustic Specifications
- Nominal Chassis Diameter 18”
- Impedance 8 Ω
- Power Handling 1000 w (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 4000 w (A.E.S.)
- Usable Frequency Range -6dB 35 Hz - 2.5 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 w - 1 m) 100 dB
- Moving Mass inc. Air Load 177 grams
- Minimum Impedance Zmin 6.5 Ω
- Effective Piston Diameter 377 mm / 14.84”
- Peak Displacement Volume of Cone Vd 0.893 litres
- Magnet Weight 120 oz
- Magnetic Gap Depth 11 mm / 0.43"
- Flux Density 1.1 Tesla
- Coil Winding Height 22 mm / 0.87"
- Voice Coil Diameter 101.6 mm / 4.0"
Thiele Small Parameters
- FS Hz 36 Hz
- RE Ohms 5.2 Ω
- Qms 6.583
- Qes 0.366
- Qts 0.346
- Vas Ltr 199
- Vd litres 0.893
- CMS (mm/N) 0.109
- BL T/m 24
- Mms (grms) 177.2
- Xmax (mm) 8.25
- Sd (cm2) 1134
- Efficiency % 2.488
- Le (1k Hz) 2.23 mH
Mounting / Shipping Information
- Overall Diameter 485 mm / 19.1”
- Width Across Flats 457 mm / 18”
- Flange Height 11.8 mm / 0.465”
- Baffle Hole Diameter F/M 420 mm / 16.53”
- Baffle Hole Diameter R/M 414 mm / 16.33”
- Gasket Supplied Front & Rear
- Fixing Holes 8x 7 mm diam on 468 PCD / 8x 7 diam on 438.15 PCD
- Depth 201 mm / 7.81"
- Weight 12.5 kg
- Recommended Enclosure Volume 125 - 400 litres
- Shipping Weight 13.1 kg
- Packing Carton Dimensions 250 x 520 x 520 mm
Materials of Construction
Former Material Glass Fibre
- Voice Coil Copper ‘sandwich’ inside and outside windings
- Magnet Material Ferrite
- Chassis Die-cast Aluminium
- Cone Curvilinear polycellulose
- Surround / Edge Termination Polyvinyl Damped Dbl. Half Roll Linen
- Dust Dome Solid Paper
- Connectors Push-button Spring Terminals
- Polarity Positive Voltage at Red Terminal Causes Forward Motion of Cone
|Other Fane products similar to Fane Colossus 18SB - 18" 1000W 8 Ohm:||
results for other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Fane Colossus 18SB - 18" 1000W 8 Ohm