Precision Devices PD.155N01 - 15" 700W 8 Ohm
Offering the ultimate hi fidelity sound experience from a pro audio product, the PD.155N01 has been developed as an 'enclosure friendly' driver offering low distortion and outstanding imaging with hi-fi sound quality and clarity. Perfectly at home as a dedicated woofer in bass reflex and closed box designs, the units flexibility also allows it to be used for upper bass in horn loaded systems. Furthermore the PD.155N01 is a key component, providing the 'low end' coverage, of the PD.155TXN01 triaxial driver.
High grade neodymium is used in the compact, FEA optimised, motor system configuration that enables more efficient management of the electromagnetic flux and reduces stray magnetic fields along with significant weight reduction. Featuring a 5", in-house wound, copper voice coil capable of handling 700W (AES) the PD.155N01 exhibits an average sensitivity of 98dB. Specially chosen for their desirable acoustic properties, UK manufactured cone and surround combine with a single spider suspension to enable excellent linear piston action, low distortion and mechanical stability across the entire working range. With an Xmax of 10.5 mm the PD.155N01 has a maximum mechanical peak to peak limit of 40 mm before damage.
- Lightweight neodymium motor system.
- Heavy duty cast aluminium frame for increased rigidity.
- Low distortion.
- Long driver excursion.
- Suitable for bass reflex or closed box designs but also works well in horn loaded designs.
- Provides bass coverage in the PD.155TXN01 triaxial driver.
- Nominal Diameter 15" / 380 mm
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
- Voice Coil Diameter 5.0" / 127 mm
- Power Rating 700 W (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 2800 W (A.E.S.)
- Sensitivity (1w / 1m) 98 dB
- Frequency Range 45 Hz - 1.5 kHz
- Recommended Enclosure Volume 80 - 200 Litres
- Resonance 45 Hz
- Voice Coil Winding Depth 25 mm / 0.98"
- Magnet Gap Depth 9 mm / 0.35"
- Flux Density 1.05 Tesla
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- Voice Coil Material Copper
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Dust Dome Material Paper
- Suspension Material Fabric
- Cone Surround Material Paper / Fabric
Thiele Small Parameters
- Fs 45 Hz
- Re 6.42 Ω
- Qms 13.41
- Qes 0.32
- Qts 0.31
- Le 0.61 mH
- L2 1.50 mH
- R2 60.64 Ω
- Vas 113.42 Litres
- Mms 119.82 g
- Sd 907.92
- Cms 0.10 mm/N
- Bl 26.53 T/m
- Xmax 10.5 mm
- Xlim (+/-) 20 mm
- Vd 0.953 Litres
- Reference Efficiency 3.43 %
Mounting and Shipping Information
- Overall Diameter 410 mm
- Width Across Flat 395 mm
- Flange Height 10 mm
- Depth 158 mm
- Magnet Diameter 166 mm
- Chassis Shoulder Diameter 357 mm
- Outer Bolt Circle 6x M6 on 395 mm PCD
- Inner Bolt Circle 8x M6 on 370 mm PCD
- Nett Weight 9.5 Kg / 20.94 lb
|Other Precision Devices products similar to Precision Devices PD.155N01 - 15" 700W 8 Ohm:||
results for other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Precision Devices PD.155N01 - 15" 700W 8 Ohm