Fane FC-185ND01 - 18" 1200W 8 Ohm
This product has been discontinued - please do not try to order this item we will not be able to supply it - the product details are here for reference only. Please contact a member of staff, and we may be able to find an equivalent product for you.
The FC-185ND01 is an efficient high power handling driver specially designed to provide powerful and accurate bass with low distortion and low power compression. The driver exhibits smooth tonal character combined with an ultra fast response time. The FC-185ND01 utilises an optimised fibre loaded cone assembly controlled by a fully optimised multi roll surround. The units spaced dual suspension configuration ensures excellent control during large excursions. A fully optimised motor structure built around a unique aluminum core ensures maximum flux yield from compact design and generates the minimum amount of flux modulation. The cast chassis base venting and large motor venting ensures efficient ventilation of the unit to keep power compression to a minimum.
- DISCONTINUED. Available for SPECIAL ORDER / OEM only.
- Lightweight neodymium motor system.
- Aluminium core heat sink for reduce power compression.
- Peak to peak maximum excursion of 52mm.
- New 18-inch optimised, cast aluminium chassis design.
- Long driver excursion.
- High BL factor for controlled, fast, accurate low frequencies.
- Double spaced suspension system for increased linearity at high excursion.
- Suitable for bass reflex or horn loaded designs.
Electro Acoustic Specifications
- Nominal Chassis Diameter 18" / 457.2 mm
- Impedance 8 Ω
- Power Handling 1200 W (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 4800 W (A.E.S.)
- Usable Frequency Range -6dB 30Hz - 2 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 w - 1 m) 98.5 dB
- Moving Mass inc. Air Load 220 g
- Minimum Impedance Zmin 6.5 Ω
- Effective Piston Diameter 398.27 mm / 15.68"
- Magnetic Gap Depth 12 mm / 0.47"
- Flux Density 1.2 Tesla
- Coil Winding Height 28 mm / 1.1"
- Voice Coil Diameter 127 mm / 5"
Thiele Small Parameters
- Fs 33 Hz
- Re 5.6 Ω
- Qms 17.700
- Qes 0.300
- Qts 0.295
- Vas 203 Litres
- Vd 1.35 Litres
- CMS 0.106 mm/N
- BL 29.4 T/m
- Mms 220 g
- Xmax 12 mm
- Sd 1164 cm2
- Efficiency 2.40%
- Le (1 kHz) 2.76 mH
- EBP 110 Hz
Mounting / Shipping Information
- Overall Diameter 18" / 457.2 mm
- Widths Across Flats 18" / 457.2 mm
- Flange Height 0.465" / 11.8 mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter F/M 16.53" / 419.86 mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter R/M 16.33" / 414.78 mm
- Gasket Supplied Front
- Outer Fixing Holes 8x 7 mm on 468 mm PCD
- Inner Fixing Holes 8x 7 mm on 438.15 mm PCD
- Depth 203.55 mm
- Weight 25.35 lb
- Rec Enclosure Volume 60 - 230 Litres
vShipping Weight 11.57 kg
- Packing Carton Dimensions (W) 485 (D) 485 (H) 230 mm
Materials of Construction
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Voice Coil Copper
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- Chassis Die-cast Aluminium
- Cone Paper
- Surround/Edge Termination Polyvinyl Damped Multi Roll. Poly Cotton
- Dust Dome Paper
- Connectors Push-button Spring Terminals
- Polarity Positive voltage at red terminal causes forward motion of cone
|Other Fane products similar to Fane FC-185ND01 - 18" 1200W 8 Ohm:||
to find other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Fane FC-185ND01 - 18" 1200W 8 Ohm