Fane FC-185F01 - 18" 900W 8 Ohm
This product has been discontinued - please do not try to order this item we will not be able to supply it - the product details are here for reference only. Please contact a member of staff, and we may be able to find an equivalent product for you.
The FC-185F01 is an efficient high power handling driver specially designed to provide powerful and accurate bass with low distortion and low power compression. The driver exhibits smooth tonal character combined with a fast response time. The FC-185F01 utilises an optimised fibre loaded cone assembly controlled by a fully optimised multi roll surround. The units spaced dual suspension configuration ensures excellent control during large excursions. A fully optimised motor structure built around a high grade Y35 magnet ensures maximum flux yield from compact design and generates the minimum amount of flux modulation. The cast chassis base venting and large motor venting ensures efficient ventilation of the unit to keep power compression to a minimum.
- DISCONTINUED. Available for SPECIAL ORDER / OEM only.
- Optimised, lightweight ferrite design, only weighs 13 kg.
- New 18-inch optimised, cast aluminium chassis design.
- Long driver excursion. Peak to peak maximum excursion of 52mm.
- High Qts (0.530) for larger enclosure designs.
- Double spaced suspension system for increased linearity.
- Suitable for bass reflex or horn loaded designs.
Electro Acoustic Specifications
- Nominal Chassis Diameter 18" / 457.2 mm
- Impedance 8 Ω
- Power Handling 900 W (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 3600 W (A.E.S.)
- Usable Frequency Range -6dB 30Hz - 2 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 w - 1 m) 96 dB
- Moving Mass inc. Air Load 220 g
- Minimum Impedance Zmin 6.5 Ω
- Effective Piston Diameter 398.27 mm / 15.68"
- Magnet Weight 105.8 oz
- Magnetic Gap Depth 9 mm / 0.35"
- Flux Density 0.98 Tesla
- Coil Winding Height 25 mm / 0.98"
- Voice Coil Diameter 127 mm / 5"
Thiele Small Parameters
- Fs 36 Hz
- Re 5.9 Ω
- Qms 11.100
- Qes 0.560
- Qts 0.530
- Vas 205 Litres
- Vd 1.19 Litres
- CMS 0.11 mm/N
- BL 20.36 T/m
- Mms 174 g
- Xmax 10.5 mm
- Sd 1134 cm2
- Efficiency 1.65%
- Le (1 kHz) 2.9 mH
- EBP 64.29 Hz
Mounting / Shipping Information
- Overall Diameter 457.2 mm / 18"
- Widths Across Flats 457.2 mm / 18"
- Flange Height 11.8 mm / 0.465"
- Baffle Hole Diameter F/M 419.86 mm / 16.53"
- Baffle Hole Diameter R/M 414.78 mm / 16.33"
- Gasket Supplied Front
- Outer Fixing Holes 8x 7 mm on 468 mm PCD
- Inner Fixing Holes 8x 7 mm on 438.15 mm PCD
- Depth 201.55 mm 7.94"
- Weight 13.09 kg / 28.85 lb
- Rec Enclosure Volume 60 - 230 Litres
- Shipping Weight 14.06 kg / 31 lb
- Packing Carton Dimensions (W) 485 (D) 485 (H) 230 mm
Materials of Construction
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Voice Coil Copper
- Magnet Material Ferrite
- Chassis Die-cast Aluminium
- Cone Paper
- Surround/Edge Termination Polyvinyl Damped Multi Roll. Poly Cotton
- Dust Dome Paper
- Connectors Push-button Spring Terminals
- Polarity Positive voltage at red terminal causes forward motion of cone
|Other Fane products similar to Fane FC-185F01 - 18" 900W 8 Ohm:||
to find other drivers with similar T-S Parameters to Fane FC-185F01 - 18" 900W 8 Ohm